From:
Katherine Connors <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Aug 2001 10:49:32 -0400

Hi

Has anyone recently had Lyme Disease? I was hospitalized with a serious case
of Lyme in July. High fever, severe head and neck pain, extreme fatigue. At
first they thought it was menengitis till they found the bullseye on my
back. I never felt the bite!

I'm recuperating from it with antibiotics (doxycycline) for 30 days.
THe first two weeks my stomach was fine but this past week I'm waking up
with very severe nausau and dizziness. I'm not sure if this is Lyme or
Celiac or both aggravating each other. The fatigue is so overwhelming but
I'm told the Lyme is the cause and takes weeks to get over.

Anyone have any thoughts, I'm eating Di-Gel like candy and not sure if they
are gf.

I would like to throw in here, Newton Memorial Hospital in Newton, NJ was
excellent and very concerned about my diet. The hospital dietitian came to
see me and made sure I was given the proper foods on my tray. Can't say it
was too edible but that's a different story. The nurses were very careful in
offering me snacks also. Kudos to Newton Memorial.

Thanks,

Katherine Connors
Research and Marketing Manager
Arthur E. Imperatore School of