From:
Walter & Susan Owens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 May 1996 23:29:22 -0500

Glenda and friends,

One of our listmates just wrote me about my post above, and I realized that
I had not told this list my great news.

My father was in TERRIBLE shape when I saw him two weeks ago, and I've been
looking into nursing home placement or moving or ????.  But two days ago,
after hearing his nursing supervisor complain to me for thirty minutes that
he was impossible to work with, etc., etc., it occurred to me that she might
not have communicated to her staff the importance of the epsom salts soak to
us g/f c/fers.  I caught the morning aide (by phone), and explained the
procedure which was new to her, and in several hours my fathers confusion,
belligerance, sensory defensiveness, suicidal talk and all were totally
gone.  Today he is as happy as a lark and to hear the aides talk, it is
nothing short of a miracle.  I feel like I've just been delivered from doom.

You regular celiacers, I bet epsom salts could help anyone a little.  But if
you feel some days like strangling the cat, or bashing the children or other
behaviors sometimes associated with PMS, or have days when light seems to
bright and sounds seem confusing, think about trying an epsom salts soak (1
cup to a bath tub of water).  I doubt it could hurt, and if it helps, you've
learned something!

Happy that my Daddy is OK, now,

Susan Owens

                            (Walter & Susan Owens)