From:
Roy Jamron <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Roy Jamron <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Mar 2005 01:03:02 -0500

I have previously discussed the importance of the thymus gland and the
possible impact of celiac disease on the thymus.  See:

The Thymus Gland Parts 1 & 2
http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/CGI/wa.exe?A2=ind0410c&L=celiac&P=478
http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/CGI/wa.exe?A2=ind0410c&L=celiac&P=588

At that time I knew research on the possible rejuvenation of the thymus in
adults was under way, but, other than questionable thymus extracts from
animals, I knew of no product available to enhance thymic function.

I have just found this company report from Norwood Abbey which is
commercializing a gonadotropin releasing hormone (GnRH) product designed to
rejuvenate the thymus gland and boost the immune system through regulation
of specific sex steroid hormones.  Norwood Abbey Ltd is an Australian
medical technologies company dedicated to the development of innovative
proprietary products and technologies to address important and specific
unmet healthcare needs.  An interesting and complete discussion of their
GnRH product, research, and an overview of the thymus can be found on pages
44-52 of the following 72 page PDF format December 12, 2004 company report:

http://www.crystalra.com/pdf/Norwood_Abbey_EIO_12-15-04.pdf

Website:
http://www.norwoodabbey.com

Norwood Abbey stock quote:
http://www.pinksheets.com/quote/quote.jsp?symbol=nabyf

Norwood's research efforts are to include exploration of treatment for
autoimmune diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, and
Type 1 diabetes.  Certainly this effort could apply to treatment of
autoimmune disorders related to celiac disease, perhaps even celiac disease
itself.