From:
Robin Fowler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Jul 1997 10:54:31 +1000

Hi fellow celiacs,

I thought a responce to claire's message was a good way to introduce
myself.  I'm a twenty four year old Phd biology student living in
australia.

I have had varous gastro (diarria, bloating, cramps) and skin (bleeding
dermititis and hives) for all of my life.  My symptoms have been worse in
the last year due to my attempt to put on wait with lots of healthy foods
(bread, pasta, muffins !!##@@).

My doctor orginally thout of giardia, the antibiotics did make me feel a
bit better for a few days, but my toilet habbits did not change.

My mother then told me that she had had similar gastro symtoms here whole
life (45 years) and been told she suffered from an over active stomach!

My brother (28) has also suffereed from intermittant gastro pain...

After reading a few books i came up with celiac disease and after talking
to my doctor tried a gluten free diet (i did have anti-glaidin blood test
first which came out negaitive - i got the results after trying the diet.

I felt better the 2nd day after not eating gluten, i also realised how bad
i'd felt my whole life!!

I no longer feel sick every morning, I do go to the toilet 3 time a day
still (but it is solid, more solid than ever before in my life - sorry for
the yucky details:)  I don't feel bloated, i feel GREAT...

My doctor feels these results are enough for celiac diagnosis, i Know this
does not accord with most peoples views, but its enough for me.

Sorry to run on so long

So long and thanks for all the fish ...

Mr Robin Fowler
Aquaculture Research Unit, RMIT University, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

S-mail RMIT, Department of Applied Biology, GPO Box 2476V, Melbourne, Vic, 3001
E-mail [log in to unmask]
WWW    http://minyos.its.rmit.edu.au/~fowler
Fax    61 (03) 9662 3421
Ph     61 (03) 9660 2475