Date:
Wed, 8 Mar 2006 15:58:54 -0500

Hi everyone,
I would like to start out by saying how much I appreciate EVERYTHING that
all of you do for all of us on this website. It sure makes being a
Celiac "loved one" alot easier! Hugs to ALL of you!!!!  Now to summarize..
The biggest, most repeated remark was to watch for the gloves. It seems
that the gloves that have powders are a real problem. So, ask for non-
powdered glove to be worn during your cleaning.  Then, the other thing was
the flavored fluoride. It seems that marshmallow and peppermint were not GF
and before your children get the fluoride you should check with the
manufacturer for any other flavors that might be a problem. It was also
suggested that you bring your own toothpaste (Aquafresh for example) and
ask the Dr. to add his own unflavored pumice! If your dentist uses Oral B
most are GF. Also, Sultan Co. makes "ALL" GF toothpastes. Another company
that was discussed was HenrySchien. Their mint flavored floss WAS made with
GLUTEN. Last but not least a very good thought was brought to my attention
and that was Sorbitol. It is known to be a chemical that upsets alot of
peoples stomachs and while some Celiacs seem to have trouble with upset
stomachs it is best to be avoided. Blue Listerine and alot of sugarless gum
have  Sorbitol in it. That being said some dental products might include
them as well. Well, that pretty much sums it up..Good Luck..Keep Smiling
and watch out for those cleanings..DEB