Date:
Fri, 2 Jan 2009 10:06:23 -0500
<<Disclaimer: Verify this information before applying it to your
situation.>>

Hello and Happy New Year!

Here is the listing of gluten free classes and events with Delete the Wheat
for early 2009.

A SPECIAL MESSAGE TO GLUTEN FREE COMPANIES:
I'm interested in speaking to gluten free companies who would like to gain
more exposure to the celiac community by helping to sponsor my clinical
talks around the country.  Please email me if you are interested.

Take care and thank you.
Melinda Dennis, MS, RD, LDN
www.DeletetheWheat.com> www.DeletetheWheat.com [log in to unmask]

CLASSES:
2 Spaces Left!

Healthy, Balanced Eating on the Gluten Free Diet
Tuesdays, January 20, 27 and February 3, 2009
3-week series of classes dedicated to maximizing nutrition, health and
energy on the gluten free diet
Location: Whole Foods Market, River Street, Cambridge
Time: 7 - 8:30pm

Registration: 617-851-8643 (w/ Melinda)

*  Healthy gluten-free cooking demos and taste sampling each week (the
gluten free grains)
*  Guided store tours specific to our class topic
*  Lessons on portion sizes, healthy fats, fiber, sodium, nutrients specific
to celiac disease, good snacking, healthy
   behavior, weight loss or weight management tips
*  Individualized attention to your gluten free diet from a celiac dietitian
*  Food journal analysis
*  Recipes, gluten free resources, product sampling in class   Class size:
10 person maximum; 4 person minimum $150 per 3 week series (no insurance)
  Saturday, January 3, 2009

Special Gluten Free Event at Whole Foods Framingham
10-11:30am - celiac lecture (A Round Table of Celiac Related Topics for
those with Celiac Disease or Gluten Sensitivity)
Registration: 508-628-9525
Cost: $10 (payable to Whole Foods)

Monday, January 26, 2009
7 - 8:30pm
Whole Foods, Hingham
Registration required: 781-741-8050
"Gluten Free Q & A"- come w/ your questions re: diagnosis and screening,
celiac disease vs gluten sensitivity, the gluten free diet, hidden gluten,
healthy nutrients, resources etc. We will take a store tour together to
learn more about gluten free shopping.

Monday, February 23, 2009
7-8:30pm
Whole Foods, Hingham
Registration required: 781-741-8050

Nutrient Needs in Celiac Disease:
Beyond following the gluten-free diet, there are specific vitamin and
mineral needs with celiac disease. We'll review the requirements for
calcium, vitamin D, magnesium, the B vitamins and iron, and how to find them
in healthy, gluten free foods.

Monday, March 16, 2009
7-8:30pm
Whole Foods, Hingham
Registration required: 781-741-8050

Gluten Free Q & A - come w/ your questions re: diagnosis and screening,
celiac disease vs. gluten sensitivity, the gluten free diet, hidden gluten,
healthy nutrients, resources, etc. Includes store tour.

*** Individual Cooking Classes, Shopping Tours and Home Visits for

  Gluten Free Diet Education

*** One-on-one diet education and cooking classes in your home, and store
tours One-on-One Dietitian Coaching Join me for individual coaching on
counseling patients on the gluten free diet and lifetstyle. We'll cover lab
values, nutrient deficiencies, the diet itself, hidden gluten,
controversies, complications, how to use the whole GF grains, how to
label-read anywhere, the best resources for your patients, etc.

"Thank you for such a positive experience.  You provided me with great
information I can share with my patients.  I am excited about going to my
grocery store here and mapping out a guide for my patients.

Thank you.

Melinda Dennis, MS, RD, LDN