From:
ronald owens <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
ronald owens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Jan 2003 17:36:40 -0500

    I would like to encourage folk to take the advice of Robert and Amber
Lee and seek some celiac awareness via Rich Gannon and the Super Bowl.  It
worked for me.  Tomorrow (Sat.) our local TV will interview me, thanks to
the Lees.  I was hoping to create the start of a local support group.  I had
asked them to do something based on this web site the Lees sent us:
www.celiaccenter.org/PubServAnn/GannonTouchdowns.html.  By the way, the web
they gave didn't work for me, but this modified one did.  I plan to take
Robert's advice (to me) and stress how great we feel knowing our problem and
going gluten free.  This will encourage those among the one million
Americans (quote of Univ. of Maryland Celiac Research director), who don't
know they have it, to get a diagnosis.
    I would also encourage all of you to e-mail ABC Sports and give them the
above web site and your own encouragement.  Go to
www.abcnews.go.com/service/help/abccontact.html and click on
"Other..(sports)" Here's a rare chance at national awareness, especially if
they do something during the event itself with millions watching.

Ron Owens...Elmira NY