From:
Joan Yakscoe <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joan Yakscoe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Mar 2004 12:16:07 -0500

Hi,
At various times I have read that parents/students are searching for
colleges that are willing to work with students with celiac disease.
My daughter who does not have celiac disease attends Shippensburg
University in Pennsylvania.
I have attended several luncheons there and the food service staff has
been very helpful.
It seems they have a new manager and chef this year.  I called to see if
they could prepare something for me for an upcoming event.
The chef called me back and spoke with me personally.  He said there is a
student who attends the college and has to eat GF.  The chef seemed to be
very aware of CD.  He told me what he was going to prepare, and talked to
me about the ingredients.
I don't know what it is like to eat there on a daily basis but they have
gone out of their way for me whenever I attend any lunch affair.
Joan in PA