Date:
Mon, 1 Jul 2002 14:18:16 -0700

Hi Everyone and Happy July 4th!

Here's a quick, easy barbecue sauce that's light, yet tasty and sure to wine
rave reviews from your picnic guests.

BARBECUE SAUCE
You can make it the day before, chill, and it is ready to use when you are.

1  small can (5.5 oz) tomato juice
1  garlic clove, minced
1/2  teaspoon onion powder
1  teaspoon grated lemon peel
1/4  teaspoon black pepper
1  teaspoon Worcestershire sauce (Lea & Perrin)
1/4  cup fresh lemon juice
1  tablespoon butter or oleo
1/4  teaspoon cayenne pepper
1  pound chicken pieces
   Combine all sauce ingredients in small, heavy saucepan. Simmer over
low-medium heat for 10-15 minutes. Brush on chicken as it grills. Serves 4.

GIG CONFERENCE WAS GREAT!
We had a great time at the GIG annual conference last weekend. It was great
fun presenting with Bette Hagman and we had a fabulous set of speakers
including Dr. Cynthia Rudert. The food was absolutely delicious!
Freshly-baked scones, biscuits, and coffee cake each morning from a
gluten-free baker at Whole Foods. The lunches and dinners were the best
ever. And, the wonderful North Carolina hospitality was evident everywhere.
Thanks, Winston-Salem, for a terrific weekend!

WATCH FOR MY ARTICLES
My recipes and articles will be appearing lots of places in the coming
months: newsletters from Scott Adams' and Glutino.com, plus later this year
on Glutenfreeda.com.

JAPAN GOES GLUTEN-FREE
Later this month, I'm traveling to Japan to help them learn more about using
gluten-free flours,especially sorghum, in their food products. Japan is now
using allergy labeling on foods and is interested in how we live gluten-free
in America. Should be an interesting trip!

NOW I'M A GRANDMA
Last month I became proud grandmother to little Keene Charles Fenster. I am
completely smitten with this little fellow! Thanks to all of you for your
kind notes!

Well, have a great July!
Carol Fenster, Ph.D.
Savory Palate, Inc.
8174 South Holly, #404
Centennial, CO 80122-4004
(303)741-5408   www.savorypalate.com
Cookbooks for food allergies, celiac, autism