From:
Betsy Mackin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Betsy Mackin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Mar 2005 19:37:52 -0500

Hi everyone,

I am overwhelmed by the wonderful messages that were sent to my daughter
and myself. So many people did NOT have experience with this subject, but
they wrote anyway, just to send good wishes, prayers and hugs. That means
more to me than any of you know.

A handful of people have this "double issue" with the Lupus. Of course many
people shared other auto immune diseases they have along with their CD.

Some talked of glyco nutrients, which was very educational reading.
Hormone surges causing Lupus flare ups, no coincidence my daughter has
just been menstruating for a year....Other food allergies, etc.

We recieved her blood test results and they were just slightly off, the ANA
was a "little" bit above the high end of normal. But not high enough to
warrant any definition of diagnosis. We will repeat it again in a few
months. Her other tests were basically normal, Iron a little high but LOW
iron can cause skin issues, not high iron.......other tests were basically
normal or inconclusive........a word i am not liking lately........

The doctor we are seeing in NYC is terrific. She said, "i dont have an
answer yet, but we will get to the bottom of this and find her some long
term relief"........I like that !!!!!

Again, all of you lifted me up, reminded me that I am a powerful, a
sensative and a loving mom............sometimes, not often, but sometimes
i forget that........thanks for the loving reminder.

Betsy