From:
Rich Tambasco <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rich Tambasco <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Mar 2004 11:11:14 -0500

Well, if nothing else I've learned that we all should be investing in
stock with Tupperware.  Many of us use it and have had the best luck
with it.

So here's the summary. If you don't have the vacuum sealer-
Try wrapping the baked goods in saran wrap at least 2-3 times and then
place in a freezer storage container from Tupperware.  Some stated that
they use the lesser expensive Rubbermaid or even the Gladlock storage
containers.( without a huge difference to the taste or longevity of the
food). I did receive a warning from one person that wrapping products in
Saran Wrap or the like could pass toxins onto the foods.( information
she received from a vary knowledgeable Dr. whose name I forget)

Secondly, if you have the vacuum sealer- foods must be frozen in a deep
freeze before vacuum sealing.  My mistake was a Frost free freezer which
freezes and then warms just enough to avoid the frost from forming.  So
though I had frozen the cupcakes for 3 days, they weren't rock hard.
One other person suggested that the type of sealer where you can adjust
the amount of air pulled from the bag made a huge difference to her.

So now I will try vacuum sealing with cupcakes from a colder source and
see if that makes a difference.

Best of luck to all,
Karen