From:
Emily Low <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Emily Low <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Dec 2002 07:30:45 -0500

Hi, I am so overwhelmed right now finding out what I can and can't eat. I
have just started looking at product lists and foods I was sure I couldn't
eat are OK - like Baskin Robbins ice cream!! YEAH! and foods that I thought
were OK, I am questioning. My son and I both seemed to react to some pork
chops that we made in the house with cumin.

Is it possible that some brands of spices use gluten in their
anti-compacting agent?? Since companies here are not required to list all
packing ingredients, or even all ingredients period, I am concerned about
how to know what we can eat or not. Could it be a cross contamination rather
than a packing agent issue?

Is this a concern in the US as well?? I am going to Texas to shop for food,
but do I need to look for GF spices, too?

How likely would it be that spices are unsafe?

Thanks for all your replies,

Emily