From:
"P.Schwartz" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 May 1997 20:34:43 -0400

Greetings all,
Thank you for this summary.  I'm sure there is plenty of valuable info
within--but my poor fogged-in brain and burned-up tummy just can't
decipher.  This latest gluten episode keeps hanging on, (or do I need to
give myself more time to heal?), so I've gone through my hair and skin
products and come up with some questionable ingredients.  I am
suspicious now of dermal contact, as my "gf cuisine" is very small and
has worked very well until now.

Can someone please advise on these ingredients, found in either one or
more of the following: Cetaphil facial cleanser, shampoo, conditioner,
hair gel, hairspray, deodorant, hand lotion, lip balm.

isopropyl 40 alcohol,alcohol denat., SD alcohol 40B, cetyl alcohol,
cetearyl alcohol, wheat germ oil, tocopheryl acetate, hydolized
vegetable protein.

What about soybean oil?  The Foof Allergy Network states that soy
intolerant people can tolerate soy lecithin and soybean oil?  Has anyone
found that to be the case?  If so, when I get to feeling better, I'm
heading straight for a truckload of Pamela's Chocolate Chip cookies :~))

Thank you for your help and any interpretations.

Phee Schwartz
Sacramento