From:
Angela Bulawski <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 7 Mar 2005 13:17:12 -0500

Part 2: how-to's and recipes below.  Again, please note everything is not
CF.  Sorry for the delay...it was too long.  Stay tuned for part 3.

Stuff depitted dates with an almond or other nut, and wrap with  lengths
of GF bacon.  Secure all with a toothpick to hold the bacon in place, and
bake (350 or so,) until the bacon is cooked.  Makes a nice tasty hor
d'eourve (sp?)
make a taco dip that goes over well.
mix equal parts of sour cream and cream cheese and spread on plate or
decorative tray. Sprinkle g.f. taco seasoning over this mixture.  put
chopped green onions, tomatoes, black olives, onion, cheddar cheese,
whatever you prefer on top.  this is a good dip that goes over well. serve
with: tortilla chips, fritos scoops (if you eat them)they are g.f. I eat
them but some are concerned about contamination on the production lines,
or whatever kind of g.f. chip you prefer.

Have you heard of Fischer and Wieser's Raspberry Chipolte Sauce?  It is
good over cream cheese and to eat with GF chips or crackers.
http://jelly.com/

I also make a great artichoke dip - the recipe is on the back of the
Progresso Artichoke can.  Let me know if you can't find that brand.  I
think I have the recipe somewhere.

I've seen on some of the ads that you can use chebe bread and make pigs in
a blanket.  I use Hormel little smokies.  You can also put a jar of
grape jelly, Heinz cocktail sauce and little smokies in crock pot and heat
up.  Sounds weird but tastes great.
I love to serve little corn tortilla pizzas that I make and cut up into
about 2-3"x2-3" pieces.  I use the 6" corn tortillas and put a LITTLE
shredded mozzarella, basil, and a layer of gf pepperoni between 2 of them.
 I then put more mozza. cheese on top of that sprinkled with more basil. I
put black olives on next so that they do not role off.  Then I layer on
thin slices of tomato, another layer of pepperoni, and a little more
mozza. cheese.  I sprinkle gf grated romano cheese on top and bake these
at 375 degrees for 10 to 13 mins.  If your tortillas are not pliable to
begin with, rub them with a little olive oil.  I let these sit for a
couple mins and then cut them into 4 pieces.  They are always a hit.  I
came up with these toppings because this is what I like, but you can use
any pizza toppings you like.  My hubby likes mozza cheese, ham, pineapple,
and black olives, with a little marinara sauce coat! ing the tortillas.
(Oregano and basil as seasoning.)

Sorry I did not notice the CF in the GFCF party post.  You probably can't
make the little pizzas unless you would be able to use goat cheese or
something else in place of the cows milk cheeses.

Rice crackers spread with soft cream cheese and topped with smoked salmon;
rice crackers spread with cream cheese and topped with a sun-dried tomato;
take a block of cream cheese, dump a can of tiny shrimp( or you can use a
can of crabmeat) over it, then pour GF (Crosse & Blackwell)cocktail sauce
on the whole thing. You serve it with rice crackers and it's easy and
tasty.  I made a dip with 1/2 a cup of mayo and 1 1/2 cups of sour cream
and a package of Good Seasonings Italian dressing mix (yes, I wrote them,
it's GF) I blended it together and served with raw veggies.
I doubt this is casein-free, but sounds yummy for just GF  -Angela

I'd go immediately to Foods By George in Mahwah, NJ! He ships anywhere and
you're in the same state. His chocolate chip cookies and brownies are
incredible - even my husband steals them from me and he doesn't have
celiac. (FYI...the best muffins in the world...I love the cinnamon-raisin
english
muffins and the regular blueberry.
From [log in to unmask]:

Kebobs - mini ones  brush with melted margarine and seasonings as desired
& heat/brown in toaster oven, oven, broiler, grill
        fruit pieces
        veggie pieces
        fruit & meat (as pinneapple & ham or pork)
        veggies and meat

seasoned roasted nuts.  I have a wonderful recipe for rosemary walnuts--if
you want it I can share it individually with you--it is from a cooking
school class.  Let me know.

Vegetable terrines or a vegetable pate -- they are fairly simple to make,
sometimes layered.  Solid ones can be sliced & soft ones spread and served
on crackers.   I did a quick search and this is one example.  You can
search as "vegetable" or by specific vegetable, as mushroom.  This is one
recipe.  More on the same page.

Mushroom Almond Pate  http://www.basic-recipes.com/r/p/almond.htm

 3 tablespoons of  unsalted butter
 1 onion, finely chopped
 3 garlic cloves, chopped
 3/4 pound of mushrooms, chopped
 1/4 teaspoon of thyme
 1 cup of almonds, toasted
 2 tablespoons of olive oil
 1/4 cup of balsamic vinegar
 1 teaspoon of salt
 1/2 teaspoon of ground pepper
 Saute first five items over medium heat until moisture is absorbed.
Process almonds, olive oil and balsamic vinegar in food processor until
smooth. Add all the ingredients together in food processor and process
until smooth. Refrigerate several hours, covered. Can be frozen. Serve
with light rye bread, crackers, brie cheese. Serves 20.
GF Amoretti Cookies
Makes about 50 cookies
1 lb Slivered almonds
2 c 10 x sugar
2 tsp Vanilla extract
2 Egg whites
        Directions:
        Process almonds in two batches in food processor until finely
ground. Combine almonds, sugar and vanilla in bowl, using hands to mix.
Stir in egg whites (dough will be sticky). Drop by teaspoon onto lightly
greased baking sheets. Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes or         until
lightly browned.
Bargain Buffalo Wings
Preheat oven to 400.
Chicken wings
Bottled sauce

Pour enough bottled sauce in a nonmetal pan to cover wings. Add wings,
turning to coat. Bake for 30 minutes.  Then transfer wings to bowl or
serving platter.