From:
Linda Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Linda Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Jan 2011 16:11:25 -0500

With the increased availability of gluten-free pizza's in restaurants, I'm just wondering how comfortable my gluten-free listmates are with gf pizzas that are made in the same oven, at the same time as regular pizzas.

I won't buy pizza if it is prepped where regular pizzas are prepped, and with the same (contaminated) containers of ingredients. And I won't buy pizza where it's put on the oven surface without a pan or screen. What I'm nervous about is the oven experience, itself.  (They all claim to use a separate pizza cutter. I'll accept that...and hope they do.)

So even if we accept that the pie is untouched by gluten until it goes in the oven,  how do you reconcile the chance of contamination from other pies? Is it a non-issue?

I'll summarize.