Date:
Tue, 6 Jun 2000 20:23:08 -0400

I just heard Dr. Horvath, also of U. MD., speak and want to add a slight
caution...he mentioned the lack of standardization among U.S. medical labs
as a big problem, and the fact that some labs seem to just botch the tests.
also the commercially available Ttg test apparently uses an antigen from
guinnea pigs, whereas the test they are using at U/ MD. in their celiac
incidence study comes from human antigens.  He didn't say so specifically,
but I was left with the impression that the test they are using is more
accurate than the one available thru commercial labs.

I was able to speak with him briefly afterwards, and he unfortunately told
me the lab that did my daughter's tests isn't very good....I'm bummed.
Well, live and learn!  Take care everybody, Lynn