From:
Dosha Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dosha Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Jan 2003 15:15:55 -0500

It may only be available in Texas.  It is manufactured in Katy, Texas...
close to Houston.

Does anyone else use Gordon's Grub Rub seasoning with tenderizer?  The
ingredients are:  sugar, salt, pepper, spices, garlic, cornmeal, papain
(from papaya fruit).  No preservatives.  No MSG.  I called the owner at
(281) 347-4782 and explained celiac disease and gluten.  He reassured me
that Grub Rub is GF and said that he had been asked this question before.
I asked him about the "tenderizer" and he said it is the papain.  Needless
to say... I've been using this on just about every meat!  My husband
talked with an older celiac today (our daughter is 2 1/2) and he said that
Grub Rub makes him sick.  So, now I feel awful for feeding this to my
daughter.    Does anyone else use this?

What do you season beef and chicken with besides salt and pepper?

Thank you,
Dosha Anderson
Texas