From:
Taylor Cushmore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 May 1995 18:41:12 -0400

I have spoken with the folks at Dairy Ease again about whether their product
is Gluten Free.  They are very cooperative and trying very hard to satisfy
our needs, but they (Coleen O'Brien at 1 800 331-4536) are no longer able to
guarantee that Dairy Ease is GF.
Because of our questioning recently they have gone to their suppliers and
asked for assurances.  They weren't able to get them, so they have decided
not to list the product as GF because of possible contamination from outside
sources.  They don't ADD any gluten to their product.
Again they are trying to work with their chemist and ourside suppliers to
possibly change this situation, but for now I'm off the pills!
I tried to impress the importance of this issue to Celiacs, expecially newly
diagnosed ones, to them and asked what I could do to stress this issue.  I
asked for and got the name of the president and will write a letter to him
asking that all possible efforts be  made to change suppliers or in some way
get outside supplies that were GF.
I'm sure you all know that the company has to know it is in their best
business interest to spend this time and effort to satisfy us.  So how about
some others writing the president along with me.He can be addressed as
follows:  Mr.Gary Balkema, President, Dairy Ease, 99 Cherry Hill Road,
Parsipany, New Jersey 07054. Let's all get together and see if we can, for
once, get a company to make a change that is so important for those of us
with Lactose Intolerence along with CD|.
I would sure apapreciate an e-mail copy of your letters if you write. Or just
a quick note to tell me that you have written.  I'm [log in to unmask] , or
call me at 914 941-7118.  Thanks.