From:
Yehudit Massouda <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Yehudit Massouda <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Mar 2002 15:58:23 -0500

Secondly, what I had in mind is that when someone volunteers with
me, I would supply contact info for about 10-15 companies in your
area. You would be in charge of those 10-15 for the year (possibly
longer if things go well.) If you want to submit information for other
companies, great! but once someone has been assigned that
company, all correspondence would go through that person.
I decided to try and make it cost effective, by assigning companies that
were geographically close - especially for phone calls. However, if you
feel that you have or want to have good standing with a particular
company in regard to their g.f. list, then just let me know. Otherwise, I
will provide contact information for companies (name, phone,
address, (e-mail if available) ect.) to you.
As I went to forward this post to someone, I saw that it was not
completly posted as I thought so here is the rest of the post. In case
anyone was wondering.

"Secondly, some have asked what to say when calling. Basically, I
was thinking something along the lines of .." Hi. My name is ____. I
have been diagnosed with celiac sprue, aka gluten intolerance. I
would like to request a list of  the gluten free items that you
manufacture. Gluten is a protein found in wheat, barley, rye, spelt, and
possibly oats and any of thier derivatives. (Awareness!) it can be
sometimes found as a hidden ingredient such as TVP, HVP, and
caramel colorings, or it can be cross contaminated by having gluten
free foods produced on the same machinery as other gluten
containing foods."

If they tell you they don't have a list, you could add that 1 in 150-200
people have celiac and it would be a benifit to them to obtain one.
(More awareness!)"

I can't remember what, if anything, I wrote after this, but I will make
sure to post as I remember.

Thank you,
Yehudit