From:
"Mark S. & Elizabeth R. Crone" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Aug 1998 11:02:42 -0500

Listmates,
  You know what?  I give up trying to deal with these people!!  They
sent us a list of all their gluten free products after the whole
"Miracle Whip Incident" trying to get on our good side because we
threatened to tell everyone we knew on this online support group how
badly we were treated.  (Hmm...we did that anyway!)Philly Cream Cheese
is not on the list; however, it does state that if it's not on the list
it may still be okay for someone with CD to eat.  So we contacted them
trough e-mail and asked if any of their cream cheese were GF and they
basically didn't answer my question.  They stated:

"Thanks for visiting our Web Site.

We understand how important it is for people who have been medically
diagnosed with gluten sensitivity to have accurate information about
foods to help plan their meals and diets. In response to inquiries like
yours about the gluten content of our products, we have developed a
product list to help guide your food selections.  If you would like,
please e-mail us back if you want a copy of our Gluten Free List for
your reference.

Please add our site to your bookmarks, and visit us again soon."

 I am upset because this statement is word for word the fist 2
paragraphs on the cover sheet of the GF list they sent us!!!  All I
wanted was a ''yes" or a "no"!!  Why do they feel like they have to give
people the run-around?  I know they have to protect their "assests" from
competitors, but this is ridiculous!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrr.......

                                                           Mark & Liz
Crone