From:
Nancy Kloberdanz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 26 Sep 2002 20:25:04 EDT

Please continue to work for this bill.

Some people got the message that the bill had actually passed the Senate.
While it is the plan to package it with other measures for a vote, it has not
happened yet. In fact our office received frantic calls from our allies in
advocating for this bill asking that we encourage people to make those calls,
etc. The full Senate has not received this Bill yet and there is great fear
amongst supporters of the bill that it will be soundly defeated.

Please act now! We need everyone behind this bill to convince the legislators
of its importance.

You can see the latest action taken on the bill by going to:
http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d107:SN02499:@@@L&summ2=m&

Pass the word to everyone you know to help.

Thank you
Cynthia Kupper, RD, CD
Exec Director, GIG