From:
Janet Rinehart <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Janet Rinehart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Dec 2008 15:27:59 -0600

From Mary Schluckebier, Executive Director, CSA/USA:   When the first
article appeared, CSA responded immediately to the author with a copy to the
mother whose child had an allergic response.  Early in the spring, the
mother referenced in the article and the food item in question prompted a
CSA investigation and formal complaint to the USDA. This is the same product
referenced in my column in this year's #3 Lifeline. Last month we received a
letter from USDA that the investigation is complete.  The company in
question is only the second company I have worked with that did not want to
find and fix the problems leading to mislabeling.  Celiacs Helping Celiacs.

Sincerely,

Janet Y. Rinehart -- [log in to unmask]

Chairman, Houston Celiac Support Group, www.houstonceliacs.org

Former President, CSA/USA, Inc. -- www.csaceliacs.org

Jefferson Award Winner, May 2008, for public service to celiacs