Date:
Sat, 18 Jan 1997 11:17:41 -0500

I just read the posting about BK fries and wheat.

I own several Dairy Queen restaurants and we are now systemwide required to
sell a "coated" french fry.

These fries have a wheat coating which enables them to "hold" better under
heat lamps and remain crispy and not greasy.

I suspect this is the same process used in the new baked Lays chips which
contain wheat.

I followed the postings about McDonald's fries with interest as I had always
thought that they were "safe".

BTW any large fast food restaurant would use one or more fryers strictly for
fries and use a separate one for breaded products to lengthen the life of the
fat; but that's a mute point now with all the "coated" fries!

Vicki
Great Pacific NorthWET