From:
Lindsay Amadeo <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lindsay Amadeo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Mar 2008 19:24:41 -0400

Received from Famous Dave's this month.  Has anyone received a more
specific response this year?

Thank you for your message regarding gluten.  We at Famous Dave's take
allergy information very seriously.  We are currently working on a project to
collect nutritional and allergen information for the menu items served at
Famous Dave's.  There are more than a hundred known food allergens and
many more that are not known but are being discovered on an on-going basis.
Labeling allergens is currently being debated in court cases across the
country.  Famous Dave's is working hard to gather the appropriate information
based on those ruling.

Our restaurants (corporate and franchise) are located in 35 different states
across the country and can receive different brand products or substitutions,
which can depend on the local supplier.  These substitutions could alter the
status of any nutritional or allergen content of our menu items.  We also
understand diet limitations are not as simple as avoiding food choices based on
ingredient statements or menu descriptions.  Foods that contain a guest's
dietary restriction may be cooked near their food or with the same equipment
(utensils, grills, fryers) causing co-mingling of allergens or food products.
There are hidden ingredients in many dressings and sauces that could contain
allergens or dietary restricted items.  I am sure none of this information is new
to you but it highlights the complexity of the nutrition and allergen situation
for restaurants preparing scratch cooked menu items.  We will continue to
work with our suppliers and nutrition professionals to help us gather all the
information needed to provide our guests with accurate information. I am sorry
I could not fill your request at this time.

Regards,

Guest Relations

Famous Dave’s of America