From:
Robin Irigoyen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Jun 2000 21:59:31 EDT

I am 38 yrs old and very recently diagnosed with celiac disease.  I am 5"7
and down to 113 lbs.  I have been drinking Boost and did call the
manufacturer to make sure this product is wheat-free and gluten-free.  They
assured me that it is.

My question is this --- I belong to a celiac support group in my area and one
of the members brought up that canola oil is a big "NO NO" for those of us
with celiac disease.  I received info from the CSA/USA society as well that
said to avoid Canola oil also.  Why is this?  I see that this is indeed one
of the ingredients of Boost.  I am desperately trying to gain weight and feel
better ... I've only been on this diet for about a week and a half but
haven't had any significant improvement.

If anyone knows if this product is safe for celiacs or know of other ways to
gain weight ... please feel free to email me!  I would really appreciate it.

Thanks : )
Robin