From:
Doris E Valentine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Sep 1999 17:49:31 -0600

Dear List Members,

I received 92 responses in regards to my 3 questions about Celiac.

1.  How many of you were diagnosed as adults.  80 of you were adult
diagnosed  12 of you said you always had it.(If the truth were made
known, I guess we all have had this condition since infancy - maybe even
before - but the symptoms were "hidden".

2.  Did you experience food allergies as a child.  23 of you said yes, 32
of you said that you didn't have childhood allergies.  Pretty close
numbers there.

3.  What brought on your symptoms of CD
        Prenancy   - 10 people
        stress     - 21 people
        Sickness   - 18 people
        Poor diet  -  6 (a couple of you said drinking too much as teenagers)
        Don't know -  5 people

My heart goes out to so many of you that have other major health issues
in addition to Celiac.  You have my respect.  I don't know if this helps
any of you, but it has for me.  Thanks for your responses.  You are
great!

                          Doris
P.S.  I wrote a dr. friend of mine who lives in Russia.  He told me that
they treat CD with Vodka!  Interesting.