Date:
Thu, 17 Jul 1997 23:48:21 -0400

Please excuse me if this has already been answered, but I'm way behind
on reading mail.

Psyllium comes from the plantain plant, one of those lowly weeds that
grows everywhere.  They make the psyllium powder from the seeds.  It's
supposed to be very good for IBS, but you're better off to find the pure
psyllium from a HFS that contains no sugar or other additives.  I agree,
it's not the most pleasant thing to get down.

Susan