From:
Valerie WELLS <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Valerie WELLS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Mar 2005 14:13:19 -0800

One respondant thought I was confusing scoliosis (abnormal curvature of the
spine) with osteoporosis (low bone density).  I can see why someone would
think that.  I was not.  The study my brother was referring to on a Baton
Rouge TV program was apparently dealing with the connection between low bone
density and scoliosis and how the GF diet can improve the outcome of
scoliosis by improving bone density in scoliosis patients.  It's not widely
known (even amoung MDs), but is it proven in clinical research that low bone
density is linked with scoliosis and that bone density dramatically impacts
the progression of scoliosis.  Here's an interesting link I found about this
subject:  http://www.ctds.info/scoliosis_research.html

I've heard from several folks who either have been diagnosed with scoliosis
or have scoliosis in their families.  I personally had an aunt with severe
scoliosis.  I had almost forgotten that I was told back in 1977 that I have
mild scoliosis.  One person referred me to an interesting on-line survey of
people with scoliosis.  A very large percentage of these people reported a
concurrent disgnosis of celiac disease.   I can't remember the exact number,
but here's the site with the results if any of you care to look it up:
http://www.scoliosis-world.com/index.html

Valerie in Tacoma