Date:
Thu, 12 Dec 2013 12:00:26 -0600

Just wanted to send a note to my listmates to pass on an experience I had
re: Meals on Wheels. I received a promotional postcard giving me the
telephone number to sign up for Meals on Wheels. I was pretty sure they
didn't offer GF meals, but called them anyway. True, they don't provide
Meals on Wheels, but they thanked me for calling because they make note of
how many people call who require special diets and eventually, they will
begin to offer Meals on Wheels to us.

If you think you don't need MOW, consider whether or not there's someone in
your life who might benefit from a GF meal. I have a younger friend who
won't eat (she snacks - nothing healthy) because she feels it's too much
trouble to cook a meal for one person and eat alone. I'm glad I called.

Even if you don't receive a promotional postcard like I did, if there's a
MOW in your area, it might help to call them and ask if they provide GF
meals. Every little thing we ask for spreads knowledge of the disease and
need for others to include us in their plans/programs.

Cheers~~Ayn in Kansas