From:
"Aimee M. Bittinger" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Dec 1998 22:04:32 -0800

I realized I never summarized this but I wanted to wait until I got back and say
how it was.  many people suggested bringing my own food and not to trust what
anyone else made.  well I tried but the biscuits got hard and I got bored of
rice cakes.  so I tried to buy some food like rice and beans to make there but
my grandmother won't let people touch her kitchen.  let's just say after a
nervous breakdown and a huge family fight I did get some gluten-free mashed
potatoes on the turkey day.  all my relatives complained about the lack of
stuffing(my dad insisted) and lashed out about no pies or cookies.  they managed
to eat somewhat gluten free on the Thursday but after that there was wheat
everywhere.  we left early and then I had to deal with the whole restaurant
thing.  I'm glad I'll be home for Christmas.  travel is hell for celiacs.  I
forgot to ask about canola oil at a Mexican restaurant and got sick.  what else
is new?  thanks for listening

-Aimee