Date:
Wed, 4 Oct 1995 10:55:33 EDT

The info wouldn't get into the bar code.  The idea would have to be that we
use the existing bar code as the key to a database in the PC.  The PC database
would have a list (maybe a start would be the GF Shopping Guide from the folks
in Michigan).  We would need to update the database often (send out disks) to
keep the PC's updated with new or different manufacturer information about the
product.  I have only worked a limited amount with bar coding but it really
isn't that hard of a concept.  The only draw back I see is that the equipment
you would need to take to the grocery store would be either really expensive
(laptop PC & bar code wand) or real combersome (lug a cheap huge PC around).
Technically it would be possible but ...

Tim, [log in to unmask]
Warsaw, IN