From:
Joan K. Davitt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Jan 2002 12:26:20 -0500

In a recent post, Jill asked the following:

>Does anyone know if the bathroom type dixie cups use gluten in the glue
>that holds the cup together?  If so -- I imagine they could cause a
>problem for us??

I have been wondering about this myself, and not just dixie cups, but
coffee/tea cups from places like Starbucks, etc. or paper hot/cold cups
that are used at parties, etc. Even the cups they give you at the dentist
office or the ones that are next to the water coolers (you know the
cone-shaped ones). Should we be concerned about wheat-based glue used to
seal these? Do any experts out there know anything about this, in other
words if this is a wheat-based glue, would it get transferred into the liquid?

Also I have been wondering about the stickers that are used on produce
in the grocery store. Do these use a wheat-based adhesive as well?
Thanks for your input. joan
joan
Ardmore, PA, USA