From:
Debra Berke <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 6 Dec 2006 17:03:28 EST

Here is the email I received from the COO of the company that makes Emergen-C:

Thank you for your support of Emergen-C and for sharing your concerns.

I just want to clarify that we do not process any gluten-type ingredients
here at our facility...the traces of wheat found in Raspberry & Mixed Berry are
from our ingredient supplier - that's why only traces were found.

In testing, there were no traces found in any of the other flavors, but just
to be overly safe, we share that all flavors are processed in the same
facility.

As an alternative, our tablet line is gluten free, and Super Gram III is
closest in formulation to Emergen-C. For more information on Super Gram III,
please visit our website at http://www.alacer.com/.

Kindest regards,

Barbi Hehn
Sr. Product Support Rep.
Alacer Corp.
80 Icon
Foothill Ranch, CA 92610
(800) 854-0249

Also, a number of people responded that they take Emergen-C without a
problem.  One person emailed that they take the raspberry flavor (which says it has
wheat in it on the box) without a problem.

Also, someone suggested ALL-ONE powdered vitamins and said they have a
website.