From:
Sandy Mayer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 28 Jan 2007 13:22:08 EST

Thanks to the few responders about my search for a G.F. brand of pickles
similar to Branstons.  I should have added in my original post that this  product
is probably more like chutney than what is thought of as pickles in the  U.S.

Someone mentioned Heinz "Plowmans" pickle as being almost the same as
Branstons.  I'll be looking out for it - if anyone has seen this brand in  the
Richmond, VA., D.C. or Dallas, Tx. area., I'd appreciate knowing which  store.
Someone mentioned eating Branstons without any problems, but since  it does (as
of my last label reading) contain malt vinegar, I'd rather not take  the chance.

Funny, isn't it, what we crave now that we have to be so careful.  I
couldn't care less about g.f. beer - but would love to taste those pickles  again!
Sandy,
Richmond, VA