From:
Kit Kellison <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kit Kellison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Feb 2006 01:34:04 -0800

Hi listers,

  I got a lot of response about Hashimoto's encephalopathy.   Apparently many of us still have neurological symptoms such as memory  problems, aphasia (language difficulties), confusion, concentration  problems, gait ataxia and so forth.

  I googled an interesting article that mentions the disorder in relation  to celiac disease!  Yikes.  I'm going to my new  endocrinologist armed and ready.  It's from a Medscape article you  can fine at http://www.thedoctorsdoctor.com/diseases/hashimotos.htm

  For anyone who can't access the site, I'll send you the article, but it  is worthwhile to join Medscape, which is a tool for information for  doctors.  It features articles already published in important  medical journals and can help keep you up to date with health matters.

  To the person who mentioned they can't tolerate prednisone, there is an alternative therapy, I noticed, in the literature.

  Kit Kellison