From:
KCMorlock <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Dec 1997 12:10:30 EST

I just learned that if one is taking antihistimenes, allergy tests, such as
the rast, will come back negetive.  I was so certain that my daughter, well,
both kids, reacted to wheat as infants, they had to be allergic.  Sarah's rast
and glutins came back negetive.  Now, I find that the antihistimines may have
messed up the tests.

My son is still glutin free as best as I can do it.  He has improved.  We are
still slipping up.  I suspect the candy canes and other sweets he is getting.

I am bracing myself for the upcomming dinner at grandma's Christmas Eve.  I
think I will pack him an emegency kit.

A woman at the store gave him a chunk of bread the other day.  He brought it
to me, saying, "it has glutin in it."  He often asks over others snacks, "Does
that have glutin, (guten) in it?"  He is very good for a three year old.
Already he is becoming responcible for his diet.  His dad and sister are also
becoming very good at it.

Thanks.

S.