From:
"Laura B." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Laura B.
Date:
Sat, 19 Sep 2015 11:25:37 -0400

Tri-County Celiac Support Group's first meeting to kick off the 2015-2016 season is on Monday, September 21st at 7pm.  (Doors open at 6:30pm).  As always, we will be meeting at First Presbyterian Church, 26165 Farmington Hills Rd, Farmington Hills.

Flyer and more info on:  www.tccsg.net OR join us on Facebook at our page: Tri County Celiac Support Group

Try to come at 6:30pm to participate in the interactive activities & fun outlined below:

Lori Shepard is our guest speaker this month from Simply Scrumptious Catering.  She will be speaking & demo some great recipes.  Lori will be making (and you will have the chance to sample):

1. Blueberry Champagne Chicken
2. Beet, Fennel, and Orange Salad with Pomegranate Jewels
3. Vegan Caramel Fudge

Lori will also be sharing samples of her GF Biscuits and Roasted Parsnips with Sage, Rosemary and Thyme.

Try to come early when the doors open at 6:30pm.  In addition to a fabulous food demo, we have some new interactive activities and surprises in store for you all:

GF Restaurant Brainstorming - where have you eaten that has been safe & great for GF?  Where has not been so good?  We invite members to write names of restaurants up on our charts and then vote.  Place a green label next to restaurant names that you've had a positive GF experience at and a red label next to restaurants that you've had negative GF experiences at.

Discussion Cards - we will have cards on the tables with a certain Gluten Free / Celiac Lifestyle question on it.  We are asking the table groups to please brainstorm and discuss the item on the card.  We would like 1 scribe at the table recording the answers to the question on the card.  We will take this feedback to help steer the direction of future meeting and newsletter topics.  Further, it will help you network with other TCCSG members and perhaps learn some new ideas / information.

Send Me Gluten Free - Have you heard of these wonderful boxes that you can subscribe to?  If you get a subscription to Send Me Gluten Free, they send you a box of various GF foods / snacks - many new items.  Well, Send Me Gluten Free has committed to sending us a box for each meeting to give away to one of our lucky meeting participants.  We will have a small challenge (game of skill) for you to participate in and the winner will win this month's box of wonderful goodies & treats!

Volunteer Opportunities - Let's face it, we have a lot of work to do in the Detroit area to make it easier for people with Celiac, Dermatitis Herpetiformis and Gluten Intolerance to live safely.  Many other cities do a much better job than we do.  Now is your chance to help us make TCCSG even stronger and to help us network and spread the word so that we can make a change.  We will have a table of volunteer opportunities - sign up if you want to help make a change!  We will take however much time you can give us.  Sign up where you are interested and then the appropriate chair person will contact you to make a plan of how you can help.

Giveaways - We typically have free magazines and sometimes food samples to give away.  This month we have issues of the Gluten Free & More magazine in addition to cookie packets from Enjoy Life Foods - grab one or two and try them out.  They are individually packaged which would make a great treat for your child's lunch (or your lunch)!

Hope to see you on Monday!!

*******
*******