From:
Medresearch <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Medresearch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Dec 2008 15:49:20 -0500

Dear List Friends,
I was just in our supermarket looking to buy a prepared filling to make
a coffeecake.  I looked at Odense Marzipan which lists the ingredients
as sugar, almonds and glucose syrup.  Sometimes that is corn and my
husband is corn allergic so I thought I would look at the Odense Almond
Paste.  On the Almond Paste label it also said glucose syrup but in
parenthesis after said (from wheat).
So I am passing this on to anyone baking that they need to look at
Odense Almond products (the Marzipan could be contaminated if made on
the same equipment even if it does not have wheat.  I don't know the age
of the package.)  I don't know if this applies to other brands of
fillings, and it would depend on who actually does the manufacturing.
Just a little headsup for anyone interested.
Paula in Pa.