From:
Renee Cronenwalt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 19 Jun 2002 11:43:48 EDT

I just spoke to Jackie at Wyeth regarding the gluten status of Premarin.  It
is GF.  The company has tested the product and they do claim it to be GF. The
Stokes list that was quoted is outdated.  Until this year, the company would
only say that the product had no gluten containing ingredients but it had
never been laboratory tested.  It now has been tested and they make the
categorical statement that it is GF.

Before we put any information out, it behooves us to check ourselves.  I was
quite anxious when I read the letter this morning claiming Premarin was not
GF so I called the company.  I am sorry the sender did not before some of us
were alarmed.  RC