From:
James Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Jun 2000 20:44:45 -0500

I would like to start off by saying thank you very much to all who
responded to my question about hair loss; my questions were more than
answered.  I had no idea that there were so many of you! It seems that
many of you have experienced some degree of hair loss, most of which you
attribute to alopecia areata. I also got a suggestion to check the
content of my shampoo and when I did I found that it does contain wheat.
The name of this product is PANTENE PRO-V Shampoo Plus Conditioner and
the representative that I spoke with informed me that all PANTENE
products do contain wheat. Thank you to those of you whom sent me web
sites and recipes to get me started, both were very much appreciated. To
answer some of you, I am from a small town called South River in
Northern Ontario Canada. The nearest support group that I know of would
be in Toronto which is a four hour drive away. If any of you know of a
closer one please let me know. I have sent for a copy of the product
listings from CSA and am hopeful to receive that soon. I see that I am
not the only person who has asked this question recently as I have just
received copies of other summaries discussing the same topic. I would
have liked to have done a better summary but cannot at this time.
However if any one wishes to ask any question of what I have received I
would be more than happy to forward the information...it seems to be
different for each area.

Sincere thanks
Irene Young