From:
Darlene Vincent <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Darlene Vincent <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Mar 2006 16:56:13 -0500

03/09/06

Hello Everyone,

I'm sure my sister has celiac disease which onset with her pregnancy. I've
been celiac for life, diagnosed 17 years ago.

But her blood tests have always come back negative. The fact that she's
desperately ill when she eats gluten, anemic and Vitamin B12 deficient, all
seems irrelevant to her. If her doctor says she's not celiac, then she's not
celiac. I'm trying to convince her to go to another doctor and do an
endoscopy and biopsy. I recently gave her the book, Celiac Disease, the
Hidden Epidemic.  And that has started her thinking and reconsidering.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a gastroenterologist or
endocrinologist (possible thyroid or parathyroid problems) in the Memphis,
TN area?

Does anyone know a celiac support group in the Memphis, TN area?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Darlene