From:
Kathleen Keens <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kathleen Keens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Mar 2003 10:10:06 -0800

Hi,
I'm new and need some expertise advice.
I thought I have been totally gluten free for the last
three months (only eating whole foods or labels that
clearly state gluten free, taking clearly stated GF
vitamins, staying away from dairy, makeup & soap is
GF) but am still having stomache pains on the mid
right hand side, gas etc. which my GI doctor is
suspicous is being caused by hidden gluten as well as
having possible gallbladder problems since I do have
some discomfort on the upper right side under the rib
cage too.
I've ruled out most of my medications as GF from the
gluten free medications list through delphi forums and
glutenfreedrugs.com but have a question on Provigil
and Loestrin.
When I called to speak with the customer rep for
Provigil the only information he could provide was
that it has no corn or wheat fillers but when pressed
if it is totally gluten free he stated that he didn't
have any more information except that it contains corn
starch.  Does anyone else take this medication and if
so, can you tolerate it just fine?  Since I'm so new
at this, I didn't know if this was a good enough
explanation to rule it GF.
Also, I do take Loestrin 21 and noticed the note on
the delphi list that they can not garauntee against
cross contamination.  If someone out there is taking
this, are you tolerating it just fine?
The week I don't take it, I can't tell a difference so
I don't think this is the culprit.
I did find out a few weeks ago that my name brand
Plaquenil I take could not gaurantee that it was
gluten free so I switched to a GF generic so that's
one step in the right direction but that change didn't
help my stomache woes.
Also, does anyone know if Slow-Mag by Roberts is
gluten free?
Any help would be greatly appreciated in my search for
finding the gluten.
Thank you,
Kathleen

http://webhosting.yahoo.com