From:
Diane Ebert <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Diane Ebert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Jan 2007 18:42:43 -0600

Greetings,

Just wanted to re-iterate how imperative it is to read labels.

I honestly do not know how sensitive I am to Gluten contamination,,,but I really would rather not find out,,,as my reactions are not fun.  As most celiacs aren't.  So,,,I like to be safe,,,and personally will not use products that list the following statement:

 The products are made on line that produce other products that may contain ____, _______, ______, and wheat.

 I have seen the emails lately on how the companies are changing their labels.

I was so encouraged about Wal-Mart and all the products(Great Value Brand) they carry that state GLUTEN FREE right on the label.  But,,,one still MUST read the labels to find this wording.

For example.  Someone had told me that the Beef Broth by Wal-Mart/Great Value was Gluten Free.  I just looked this morning, at a can of the Great Value Beef Broth/WalMart and it IS NOT GF.  But, the boxes of Great Value/Beef Broth state that they are Gluten Free.

Also,,,I went to buy Nestles large container of Chocolate Milk Mix,,,and it has the same statement products are made on line that produce other products that contain ____, _______, ______, and wheat.  Kinda discouraging in some ways.

I am just passing along information I am finding and hope this helps someone out.  There are also a lot of people being diagnosed now,,too.

Hope you have a great weekend!

Diane, Iowa