Date:
Mon, 5 Jun 2000 16:53:51 -0700

Hi,

I can't stand by and not speak out on the value of arrowroot flour.  It is
superior to other thickenings because it doesn't ever form lumps.  If you
don't get enough to suit you, just add a little more or if you happen to add
too much just add a little liquid.  I always mix arrowroot flour with a
little water or other liquid and it dissolves instantly.  Arrowroot puts a
very nice sheen on anything you thicken with it.  Arrowroot flour in baked
goods produces a very fine texture and it helps to retain moisture in the
baked products.  I recommend that you take the pan off the fire while you
stir in the arrowroot and liquid mixture.  Arrowroot has no flavor so it
doesn't alter the taste of the dish.

Joe Clemens
Port Angels, Washington