From:
Lynda Benkofske <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lynda Benkofske <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Apr 2010 16:55:44 -0500

Please join us for the 9th Annual Walk/Run for Celiac Disease Research and Awareness -Twin Cities on Saturday, May 15th, 2010.  The event is held at Holy Family Catholic High School in Victoria, Minnesota.  We have online registration, donations, information on our event plus directions on how to get there at www.twincitiesceliacwalk.org.

Registration for the walk is free, the run has a $20 preregistration fee ($25 race day).  We keep the walk free so families can come and enjoy without a financial burden.  But we do politely ask that you do some fundraising and/or donate to this great event.  Money raised goes to the University of Maryland Baltimore's Center for Celiac Research.  Twin Cities - Raising Our Celiac Kids (which organizes the event) can keep up to 25% of the money raised for local education and to put on this annual event.

Our sponsors include: Cargill, Holy Family, International Rarities Corporation, CH Robinson, Fafinski Mark and Johnson, John Roberts, Students of St. Huberts School, Jewel's Specialty Foods, Fresh and Natural Foods (also a vendor), Nutritional Weight and Wellness, Liesch, Fruchi Fruit Smoothie(also a vendor), Tailor Made Nutrition (also a vendor), Godfather's Pizza, Rapala, and CobornsDelivers.com (also a vendor).

Plus we have many, many more vendors: Qdoba Mexican Grill, Wildfire, Pizza Luce, Beyond the Grain, Against the Grain, Triple Crown BBQ, Madwoman Foods, BitterSweet Bakery, Bard's Beer, Breads from Anna, Roulette's, Chianti Grill, Roving Dish, Cooqi, Kettle Cuisine, Thousand Hills Cattle Co., Z Pizza, Bakery on Main, Katz Gluten Free, Twisted Bakery, and Organic Bistro.

Silent auction items include a football signed by Viking player Percy Harvin, a baseball signed by Twins player Michael Cuddyer, a hockey stick signed by the Minnesota Wild.and much more (checks and cash only accepted).

Bring your appetite and your passion and join us for a great day in honor of celiac disease!

We continue to look for volunteers as well.  If you would like to help with registration, prize organization, setup- or cleanup, please email Erin Briner at [log in to unmask]

Additional questions:  Contact Amy Leger, Walk/Run Coordinator, at [log in to unmask]