From:
Don McPherson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Oct 1999 01:11:08 -0700

I can see how very helpful this group can be.  Thank you so much.  The
overwhelming majority of replies recommended returning to a normal diet
until I see the GI.  A few thought that my symptoms may indicate enough
longterm damage that it would take more time to repair itself than the
two month interim.  But they also said for peace of mind, insurance
purposes, and increased incentive to stay GF, a "gold standard" biopsy
and diagnosis was desirable, and that makes sense to me.  My husband
requested sourdough pancakes and French bread immediately..".eat, drink
and be merry, for tomorrow we may diet".  BTW, those who recommended the
Newsweek article, thanks.  I loved the closing line: " They're not
hypochondriacs, just glutens for punishment".  Groan:  some pun-ish
ment.