From:
Dave Westheimer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Sep 2000 00:45:28 -0500

Midwest Gluten Intolerance Group, CSA/USA Chapter #01, will hold its fall
event on Saturday, October 7, 2000 at Christ The King Lutheran Church, 1900
7th Street NW in New Brighton, MN. The church is located a few blocks south
and east of I-694 at Silver Lake Road.

At 11:00 AM, there will be a presentation by Dr. Joseph Murray, Mayo Clinic
gastroenterologist and one of our leading celiac clinicians. Dr. Murray's
presentation will be "Current Diagnostic Tests for Celiac Disease: serology,
biopsy and others".

A question and answer period will follow the presentation.

From 10:00 AM to 1:30 PM, there will be a Blood Screening for first- and
second-degree relatives of celiacs as well as others who may be interested.
This is part of the University of Maryland Center for Celiac Research's
five-year serological screening study to help establish the prevalence of CD
in the USA.

Please make your reservations for the blood screening by September 20 by
mailing in the form on the inside back cover of  the Sept/Oct Newsletter, or
contact Linda Ask at (763) 878-2844.

Non-members are of course welcome to attend the presentation as well as the
screening. Please mark your calendars and join us! For further information,
please email me or call me at (763) 788-5242.

Dave Westheimer
President
MGIG