From:
Linda Blanchard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 May 1995 01:55:00 UTC

The discussion of papain as possibly helpful in reducing the effects of
gluten in celiac diets reminded me to look at Adolph's meat tenderizer, in
which papain is the "active" ingredient. Since "food starch" was listed I
called the toll free number (800-328-7248) of Van den Bergh Foods in Lisle
Illinois, and was told by Eileen that "All Adolph's products are gluten
free." She went and checked into this further and called me back to
confirm, though I could not get her to tell me what the source of the food
starch is.

For what it's worth, my son does not react to Adolph's.

Linda Blanchard
Midland TX USA