From:
Chris Spreitzer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Dec 1998 09:43:01 PST

Hi Everybody
I had a houseful of guest for the holidays.  They all raved about these
muffins which vanished in short order.  Enjoy!

Chris in CA
MoM of Eileen, Anna, and Laura

BANANA - CORN MUFFINS

1/2 cup margarine or butter softened
2 cups gf powdered sugar
2 eggs, room temperature
1 1/2 tsp gf vanilla
1 cup mashed ripe banana (about 2)
1 cup gf flour mix (I use Gluten Free Pantry's French Bread/Pizza Mix)
1/2 tsp xanthan gum
1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
1/2 cup masa harina or corn flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup milk

Preheat oven to 400.  In a large bowl, beat butter until light; gradually
beat in powdered sugar until well blended.  Beat in eggs and vanilla untll
well incorporated, then mix in banana.  Combine gf flour mix, xanthan gum,
corn meal, masa harina, baking powder and salt.  Add to the
butter-sugar-egg mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with
the dry ingredients.  Scrape batter into paper lined muffin cups, bake for
12 - 15 minutes.  Makes about 15 muffins ( I doubled the recipe and got 18
regular muffins plus 48 mini muffins).   Enjoy!

P.S.  One little trick I use with muffins is to spray the paper liners
lightly with gf cooking spray.  Then the muffins don't stick.