From:
Sharon Marcus <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 12 Mar 2005 22:32:42 +0300

Dear List,

A while back, I'd asked if the above was gluten free, seeing as there
was a suspicious ingredient (HVP). I didn't hear from any of you, so
I finally called them myself. The response I got, via e-mail, is
pasted in below for anyone interested (emphasis mine). Hope it helps
someone besides me.

Sharon Marcus
Israel

Thank you for contacting us at McCormick Canada regarding our Club House
Taco Seasoning, 735 g. Our customers are our first concern and we are
always interested in assisting you with any questions or comments you may
have on any of our products. This product contains hydrolyzed wheat protein

At McCormick Canada, ingredients are declared on the ingredient statement
of each product label. On products such as pure spices and herbs, which do
not contain allergenic ingredients, you will not find an ingredient
statement. The only ingredient present is the original spice or herb to
which nothing else has been added. Unfortunately, a list of gluten free
products is not available. In regards to gluten, we do have wheat
ingredients in our facility. Please be assured we follow good manufacturing
practices in our facilities and make all efforts to reduce the opportunity
of cross-contamination. The complete range of McCormick Gourmet spices and
herbs  (in the glass bottle with green label) are gluten free. This range
of products is also filled on a line where no other gluten containing
products are processed.

If you have questions regarding any of our products, please do not hesitate
to call our toll free number, 1-800-265-2600. Your patronage is important
to us and we hope to have the continued pleasure of serving you.

Sincerely,
Linda Grover
Consumer Response Representative